Yet another way to find markets!

For me, one of the most aggravating aspects of being an expat freelancer is not having ready access to most of the magazines for which I'd like to write. I'm always stocking up when I go home, or asking friends visiting Paris to smuggle some over when they come. But recently I had an experience that showed me a new, simpler way to find/obtain markets: ask your source.



Earlier this year, I sent a query to four popular pregnancy magazines - and got dinged from all of them. (Though I did receive a rather nice rejection from the editor Pregnancy magazine, who explained that they were already running an essay on my intended topic.) Anyway, I searched and searched on the internet for other appropriate magazines, but nothing seemed to fit the bill. Finally, I gave up. But a few days ago, I received an email from the secretary of one of the sources I'd interviewed for the query, wanting to know the status of the article. I told her that it had been passed over by four magazines, that I'd run out of ideas on where to submit it, and did she have any ideas?

Well, she did.

She gave me the name of three regional markets that clearly fly under the radar of most big magazine databases and offered to send me a copy of the magazines. So, now I'm working on revamping the query for these local markets. Fingers crossed that something comes of it. But even if these pubs don't work out either, I'm really pleased to discover that there's no shame in asking a source for ideas on where to submit a pitch. As a matter of fact, I've decided to ask all my sources for this query about pregnancy magazines in their regions!

12 Comments

  1. I'm a SEO expert with vast experience in managing SEO solutions for your professional local business, personal company, and online store - Ecommerce websites. I will submit UK Citation Backlinks (UK Local Citations) to your business site, it will Increase Backlinks Quality Score, Index Easily into Google and Increase Visibility over the Search Engine.
    . I will submit 40 UK live citations for your business

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have immigration issues then you want to consult the immigration solicitors in the UK. We are the best immigration solicitors in the UK that provide advice or solution to our clients to get a work visa, students visa, spouse visa, fiancée visa, and many more. Our law firm has the best UK immigration solicitors that guide people step by step and give them UK immigration services. Our immigration solicitors near me completely satisfied their clients with their vast knowledge of law and immigration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information provided by you, it really helped me to understand this topic. I have also referred this article to my friends and they also enjoyed this informative post. The Perfect Samsung Galaxy A11 Case for your Mobile

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://jauiq.blogspot.com/2021/06/manager-e-commerce-125k-175k-loot-sale.html?showComment=1647252259973#c2523185509885381596

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really an amazing blog post thanks for sharing this beautiful post can also this post.norstrat

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3S Cart liberates you to design, manage and market online

    store to establish and evolve your business in the

    digital world.

    Create online
    store

    online
    store


    ecommerce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon Prime Day Deals is a huge annual sales event that offers Prime members exclusive deals on a wide range of products. While Prime day does have sales on a variety of items, not every product is discounted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can visit the Amazon prime day deals page to look into the active deals by Amazon. You will find different types of deals around the page, and these deals will help you win big Prizes & Rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get Ready Only 5 days are left before the Mega Event starts Amazon Prime Day Deals. Go through our blogs to look into the deals and promotions to save money & win rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. this handy Slap Someone Through the Internet article

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice information provided by you, it really helped me to understand this topic. I have also referred this website Jobs in uae

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post